Sunday, January 14, 2007

More flowers


Been working sporadically on the headrest of the flowergirl, but I'm going through a weird schizophrenia about the style. I thought I wanted an almost charcoal like style for the flowers, but not having drawing realistic flora in a while, (I'm referring to pictures, but not copying, just using them as references) I'm unsatisfied with how they're turning out. I only like the peony atop her head. Meanwhile, I love the weird David Downton-style linework that a new airbrush tool creates (the rough, inky eyebrow in particular) and I thought I wanted to continue in that vein for everything. But then there's the hair, which is my standard pencil style. Maybe when I get more done I'll figure out which style is taking center stage and run with it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous.