Thursday, January 25, 2007

Queer Drawing Salon


I sometimes join group shows at the Leslie Lohman Gallery in Soho in New York, a gay and lesbian gallery that focuses on homoerotic art. They also hold a Queer Men's Erotic Drawing Workshop at their former gallery space. When I was stuck and not really working on my art (my Mom had died and I was kind of in emotional limbo), I used the draw of eroticism to get back into it. Well, I went to one of the workshops tonight. I wasn't as into it, so I only did one drawing I thought turned out okay. Yes, it gets pretty intense. What does one think during times like these? Me, I was thinking, I wish they would stop doing that and hold still! Heh.

This was a 24 minute drawing, ballpoint pen on some cover stock that I found in my printer's recycling bin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOT!