Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Modelled


I decided to try and draw from a picture this time, just because I was tired of drawing from my head and trying to perfect it. I didn't care about maintaining a likeness (here, of Next Big Thing (?), Aussie model Catherine McNeil) so much as getting the feeling and trying to render features in ways I never normally would ... and hopefully eventually incorporate it into my repertoire of faces. Interestingly enough, I found myself staying really loose, and all in all this drawing took less than 30 minutes (I started around 11:30 and finished just after midnight). Comic book aficionados may spot an Adam Kubert/Marc Silvestri kind of sketchiness to it (it's a very Silvestri face, actually).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, Silvestri only wishes his shit looked this good.