Monday, April 2, 2007

Stereotypical


You see a ton of naked male torsos nowadays - online, at workshops, at the gym, in person, in the media. I think I'm getting desensitized to them. It's weird, but what once used to turn me on so much visually doesn't do so much as it used to. I wonder if it's just overdosing on what was once a rarity? This sketch, for example, took hardly any doing - the idealized musculature is so part of my lexicon that it was such a quick study. Must be why I so meh about it - it's nothing special, just another torso. I tried to make his face atypical of my style, but I just wasn't too enthused with the sketch concept to begin with...

3 comments:

lucidiocy said...

G~

Your interpretation of the male torso doesn't make me feel 'meh' at all.

if I had to use a three letter word for what it made me feel...

I suppose "WOW" would sufficiently describe it.

Your art is "WOW".

I think you'd like Gabe's work, your "lines" are similiar to me, somehow:

http://cleverity.blogspot.com


~T

George G said...

Thanks, T. For a second there, I looked at your icon and thought to myself, is Janice Dickinson posting messages in my blog? And she looks so young and fresh looking again! ;-)

I'll check out Gabe's site...

lucidiocy said...

haha, Janice Dickinson! I don't know whether to kiss you or punch you... hmmmm what would Janice do?

Not as old, but just as crazy,

Tamar