Friday, June 1, 2007

Starry Starry Eyes

I'm going to Fire Island for the first time in my life (I think I've avoided it long enough) so I have a lot of things to do today before leaving tomorrow. I wanted to watch the latest episode of Naruto before I went, but I also had to do a drawing, so I figured I'd stay with an anime theme. Not too authentic, but my rendition of an anime style - like a lot of non-Japanese artists are doing nowadays. Who knew that drawing big-eyed characters would be so popular in the aughts? I certainly didn't, not when I was watching mech in the late 70s.

This might be the last post for the next few days. I'll be bringing a pad and pens to Fire Island though. Seems like it might be really stormy this weekend anyhow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! That's kind of cute, but those eyes are killing me, heh. It's cool because it's not a chic bakla fashion drawing, but it's not typical anime, either. Rendition is the perfect word. I don't read Bleach, but I know of it and think you'd like the art a lot. It's drawn by Kubo Tite, and he draws the most amazing clothes! Just something to look out for, I guess.

I've never been to Fire Island, either, but hope you enjoy!