Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Homages

This image popped into my head, rather fully-formed. It was one of those ideas that I just couldn't stop putting down until it seemed right enough to leave. It's part homage to Patrick Nagel, with its serigraph-like color blocks and semi-erotic direction; part homage to the late, great Gianfranco Ferré, whose architectural white blouses I always loved.; and it's also a nod to Arthur Mount, with his modern day color blocked style done via Illustrator. The woman's face and expression are very much like I wanted it to look, which is rather rare for me. I don't know where this came from. No references either.

It's not done, as I want to reduce it even further, removing as much of the linework as possible, yet leaving some key outlines. I'm not sure where it's going.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it...especially the face. and the colors.

lucidiocy said...

Yowza!