Monday, July 30, 2007

Practice

Went to see a friend perform tonight. He's posing for me in exchange for me doing an illustration for him, so I thought I'd practice a little. I hate working from other people's photos when the lighting or effects aren't my intent, especially if I like the photo and see no reason for anyone to make a drawing of it when the photo itself is perfect as is. But this is just practice. My back-up program caused my drawing program to act sluggishly, so my strokes are a little too hard...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like it! its very different from your usual sketches. even with the hard lines. i'm back again from a four-day trip to the mountains... progressive mountains, that is. lucban, lucena and laguna. love the fresh air there. so just checked your blog again.

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

Hot, rugged.

I love it!

George G said...

Thanks, guys! Yeah, the pic I based this on was already Photoshopped quite a bit by the model, so there was a dark feel to it... which is why it turned out that way. Not a bad thing, just unusual for me.