Thursday, July 5, 2007

Scaling Back


I moved into my apartment in Chelsea 15 years ago on the 4th of July. I thought I might have a party, but with everyone gone for the holiday, it didn't make sense. So i decided I was going to clean up - Lord knows I have enough clutter and papers and tearsheets hanging around that need sorting or recycling.

Similarly, I also tried to refine the 'strip' drawing I started a few days ago, scaling her back to something more refined and less detailed (like the chick with her nipple showing), but I didn't have much time. What I DID do isn't readily apparent in the sketch (despite the recoloring of the linework), but like the apartment, some days there's progress, just not enough to seem apparent. Guess it's all in the details. Hopefully I'll get to the desired result soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

care to share the software/hardware that you're using to create these drawings?

Thanks in advance!

LD

George G said...

Sure - usually I draw directly on my Mac G4 (ancient, at 7 years old now, with slightly less than a gig of Ram) with a Wacom Intuous tablet & stylus. I start out most of my sketches on Corel Painter, the program which came with my tablet for free (the feel is much better and the lines come across more naturally), then I recolor or finalize everything in Photoshop CS2.