Monday, September 10, 2007

Saturn Girl


I used to love the Legion of Super heroes comic book. I would draw them endlessly, because the costumes were so damn interesting for the time. Now, the book has been rebooted upteen times, and they're redoing the costumes. I didn't like what I saw in the releases, so I thought I would design my own. Saturn Girl in the 70s had a weird flippy hairdo that I always loved drawing, but updating it nearly 30 years later isn't working. These sketches just aren't cutting it. Ah well...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

is thet the girl with the pink cutout bathing suit with the saturn emblem on the tummy? yeah she looked like she was going swimming. what was her power again?

George G said...

She was a telepath, and originally, all she could do was read and project thoughts - not even a mind blast to speak of. They upgraded her quite a bit through the years, likely because of the way telepaths were portrayed in X-men.

But when you think about it, her outfit wasn't all that different from Storm's original one, except for the cape. It was all Dave Cockrum's (RIP) design modus operandi anyhow.

Unknown said...

yeah but saturn girl's was pink, hence, let's go swimming!