Sunday, October 14, 2007

Trace

I trace shapes that aren't there. Or rather, I trace shapes that I want to appear, especially in a face. I run line after line, then follow the ones that feel 'right' and make other lines based on those lines until a fuller drawing forms. Sometimes it's perfect, sometimes too many lines spoil what I might have thought I originally had. Guess it's just my style, but I love the fact that I do this. I remember copying other people's work when I was younger because I had no method of my own. After all these years, this seems to be one of my personal techniques.

Some things don't change though. I remember drawing hair tendrils that 'felt' like these locks, back in the 80s. Ha! This guy looks like a semi-caucasian version of a japanese anime character I've been watching...

No comments: