Saturday, November 3, 2007

Headmess

I had my friend PJ come up to the apartment to look at my old watercolors, since he works almost exclusively in them. I miss doing the kinds of pieces I used to do. Looking back on the selection I pulled out for PJ to peruse, I got filled with nostalgia for the days when I used to make so much time to really work on a piece. I seem to have less time, or at the very least, less patience to do that. Or do I really? I mean, I've put down a drawing for every single day of this year so far, so that has to count for something.

Anyhow, this is a digital sketch of an old drawing I roughed out but never finished. I knew what I was afraid of - having so much stuff on the page that I would have to do with the utmost care, as perfecting some would mean I had to perfect all, or toss the entire drawing altogether. But doing it digitally gives me the option of going back and redoing some parts and not all. Anyhow, here's the new digital rough of that old drawing.

No comments: