Friday, February 22, 2008

Can't Go Home Again

I often have dreams where my family is complete again, at home, back in the Philippines. This was a dark, non-event dream that I awoke from just a few minutes ago (sleeping a lot in my illness), of th family going about our business in our individual rooms. Joey was still alive, and he, Gina and I all still lived at home, whenever that was, except Joey is fully grown in my dream and my drawing. He was taking some unknown houseboy to my parents' room, after said houseboy had been with some other family, apparently learning German. Yes, odd, I know.

But this mental image struck me, of me getting out of my room and passing the dark hallway that led to Gina's and my parents' bedrooms, and the two of them turning to look at me and talk to me, the 'houseboy' spouting various unknown words in German. It's a rough drawing because my headache is really strong, but it kinda captures the mood in my dream. I woke up in pain and rather sad, missing Joey, my mom, and my home. I started crying a few minutes later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i guess the pain of losing a loved one never really goes away though time makes it heal somewhat. its been almost 2 years since my dad passed away and i sometimes i still ask God why he left us so early...

!!! said...

Hey I was browsing the web and stumbled over urs! Props on your artwork! I'm actually in the NY area and filipino too. I just recently graduated from SVA in animation but truly a fashionista. Really awesome art!