Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sword & Source-ry

It was very satisfying to finally present John B. with his printed portrait. Beyond the fact that he said he loved it, it was more like removing a Damoclean sword hanging above my head for the past 3 years. Not that I think that art should be that kind of pressure and suffering (though I'm aware that people argue that should be the case, "we suffering artists," and all), but with the issues I was grappling with, it sort of was all about that for me, with this piece. The piece has gone back to the source, the model, and the sword is lifted. And now there's catharsis. And satisfaction. And a feeling of moving on to newer heights. And if I smoked, I would need a cigarette.

3 comments:

dawn altier said...

I'm sure your lungs appreciate your lacking support of the tobacco companies. Good for you!

George G said...

I never could get into it. Although I'm convinced people look cool smoking... ah, advertising and media have left me brainwashed!

Unknown said...

I can't seeee eet! Where EEEES eet?!