Thursday, June 12, 2008

By Myself

Yesterday was interesting, with me having to deal with personal issues on my own. This has been an interesting past several months. My friends have become all very busy with their lives, and I find myself having to live my life pretty much without the ones who used to be omnipresent in my days. Occasionally I add on new people to fill in the voids. At one point I fought this kind of change every step of the way, but now I seem just resigned to deal with it all. I still care very much for my friends, but I've stopped fighting their absences. The new friends along the way help, but I find being alone isn't such a problem either. Odd how that happens.

This is kind of a stupid, adolescent drawing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it does remind me of the sketches i used to make for our high school magazine. sometimes alone is okay. there is a time for it.

George G said...

You nailed it on the head. It has that High School Magazine Illustration feel.