Saturday, October 4, 2008

Requested


I had a request to do a toon style drawing after my last one of my trainer, but this time a little racier, and this was a pre-sketch. I'm not too into it. I can do it, but I feel like it's not my thing. I know the influences of the first one, from actual animation like Batman Beyond and that genre to the work of über-gay cartoonist Glen Hanson. But when it comes to gay themes, I feel like that stuff is best left to other people - I never really did like how people exaggerate genitalia in homoerotic cartoons, as I don't find that sexy at all (well, at least as illustrations). Still, as I told my friend Peter earlier today, I tend to use my abilities to please people, from some insane psychological need for approval. I guess we all do it on some level. This sketch was from Tuesday.

No comments: