Sunday, November 16, 2008

Aeolus & Ares

So here are the first two images in the mixed media series I've been planning and working on. I had hoped to have three up by the time I published anything, but this will do for now. If I wait any longer, the novelty of the style will be old hat, so there you have it. I wanted to transform my friends into super-heroes, but spandex would have been too kitschy. I have one more piece to add to this, but hopefully will do at least two more. For anyone who had been following this blog and wondered about these pieces, I'd be curious to know if the final pieces were what you might have expected. Hope they live up to expectations...!

5 comments:

moho said...

George, I think they're fantastic!

I remember when you had finished Mass, I believe, I blurted out that I was excited to see the final product. You had been posting various bits throughout the year, and today you've clearly gone beyond any expectations!

I think it's really fantastic. They both are! I didn't expect the "mixed media" at all, but I think they're great. With Mass, I didn't realize it would look the way it does and I'm beyond amazed. They're truly great.

If I may, how do you feel about them?

George G said...

Thanks, Finny (I can't help but think of you as Affinity). I do like them. I need a few more to flesh out (pun intended) the series. It's just that it's difficult with the photos I took as they don't always work with the original idea, so you change things around to make it work. I think the "Mass"/Ares one worked out amazingly, but I wish I was able to see my model more in the Aeolus one. Even the model was surprised by the scale I settled on. In fact, I decided on the wind theme because his photos had a different level of energy from the ones by my Ares model and I needed the 'wind' to add that element of aggression.

But all in all, I think they worked out well - I'm happy with this new direction. Hopefully I'll finish up the series soon and get them published somewhere beyond my blog!

Unknown said...

Wow! great poses by your models, and great artwork! you should put these in a book!

George G said...

Two more images and I hope to get them published. Maybe even a magazine...something!

David Berube BerubeArt said...

Very hot. Love these, George!!!