Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mad Men

I was watching Mad Men on DVD last night since I don't get cable, to see what all the fuss is about. I can see why designers were getting so influenced by it when it first became popular - the attention to period detail is phenomenal. I feel like my apartment got so smoky from watching everyone puff away constantly! Anyhow, I decided to pull out one of my many new sketchpads and do a period fashion illo while I was watching. There were a couple of women in it who just made it so easy to draw. I'm glad my lines still look somewhat genre-specific when I do natural media fashion illustration, although I'm so out of practice. Maybe I take another fashion illustration course just for the fun of it this year. I wanted to last year, and it would be nice to do, and it would get me out of the apartment!

3 comments:

oj hofer said...

go for it george..and give me some tips too.

George G said...

Yeah, I looked into courses at both Parsons and FIT last night. Problem is I don't like most of the instructors I found... their portfolios didn't inspire me enough. Maybe I just need to keep a more open mind.

Anonymous said...

i really adore your work
keep it up