Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fashion Sketch, On A Mac

I got a call to possibly work during Fashion Week, doing fashion sketches at teh tents. My worst fear is that my style doesn't really work for fashion anymore, something I used to be so into drawing. But they wanted someone who could work with a tablet, and sent me samples... which were horrible. I expected to see pro sketches but instead got student croquis. Which reminded me of my own croquis and style when I was taking courses in FIT, which really helped me acquire a fashion illustration style, albeit a more commercial one than the Antonio Lopez model I grew up aping. I thought I'd give it a shot and reall try to do what I used to, which was more defined, usually sweeter faces, and more detailed bodies... just on a Mac instead of watercolor. This was the start. I decided to draw the waitress from Costes again, just because I sadly couldn't think of anything fashionable to draw! Anyhow, it's a start.

3 comments:

moho said...

I think it's fantastic that someone would think of you to call!

George G said...

Well, a friend recommended me, and hooked me up. But honestly, I'll have a better time doing the quick "booty silhouette" job I just got from a major record label than sitting at the tents sketching attendees all day!

KLOE YORK said...

Hello, I am trying to get in contact with you. Please email me ketsia.v@gmail.com. I'm a photographer.