Tuesday, November 3, 2009

1000


And here I thought I'd do a special 1000th drawing, but there's so much to be said about just doing what you do and everything becomes what it will.

This blog was started almost 3 years ago when I realized that after my Mom had died, I stopped drawing as much, or as joyfully, as I once did. It was a hard conclusion to come to, because as much as my mother is and perhaps will always be the most important person in my life, my art is as much a part of who - and what - I am. And once I realized how much I wasn't doing, I felt a hole. And that I wasted so much time.

I may not be the best illustrator, but this is me, and I began this blog in order to keep drawing, even when I didn't want to. And I can make an effort to commemorate a particular event, but each time I put color to pen or pixel, it's a commemoration in and of itself. I can only hope that the few people who make it a point to look at this blog can see that while my work may not be always at its best, my work is quite possibly the best part of me.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Congratulations on post 1000.

I like to believe your mom is watching over you, guiding your hand.

As for "best illustrator"...isn't that pretty subjective? How about this? You've inspired me to start drawing again and that means a lot to me.

May your art always bring you joy and peace of mind.

Psychomom said...

Congratulations on the 1K!
Mom would be proud and I enjoy your drawings very much. Thank you so much for sharing.
Clara