Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Friend Heron

When my Dad was still alive, we always used to make fun of his broken command of the English language. One time, he went on a vacation with his second wife and sent us a pic of a seagull that came close to him, and he called it a "heron". His caption for the pic was"My friend heron" which we thought was so funny in its awkward way. I decided to take some of his vacation pics (which his wife shot really weirdly, because he was always alone in these wide expanses of background, so the vacation looked really lonely) and I played with his 'friend heron' bit and posted it online:

http://designcanteen.com/heron/index.html

I shared the series with my friend Pete who remarked that he thought the character was funny, and I suddenly thought I should include Heron in various photos I pick up from online... he could be everyone's Friend Heron!

6 comments:

pete said...

wow...thanks beautiful George...he looks moreso stunned there though...

pete...

Brandon said...

OMG this is so hilarious! You have to post this on your FB page!

Unknown said...

George, this is just TOOOO FUNNY!!! hahahahahahaha! (i liked the shadow on my friend heron on the street)

George G said...

Heheh. My poor Dad never saw these.

Unknown said...

yeah, i'm sure he would've liked it!

George G said...

Please. This is my dad we're talking about. He barely had my sense of humor.