Friday, March 19, 2010

Color

I sat next to a woman named Renee at a sushi bar earlier tonight, and we got into a lovely conversation about art, modern times, soul and ethnicity. She was rather beautiful and so well put together that I was inspired to draw something because of her. And while this doesn't look like her, she reminded me of all the fabulous black models I admired back in the 70s and 80s, because we spoke about all her model friends. Interestingly enough last week, I also befriended a former top model from the 80s who is also a beautiful woman of color, so all these fabulous black women are on my mind right now.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

That's just beautiful! There is definitely something classical in this...

By the way, check out "Crowns" and "Queens" by Michael Cunningham. I think you'll understand why.