Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tessa 2010

I did a search on my name and found my online friend Moho/Affinity's links to my old Tessa story that I did back in college and posted a few years ago. It was only partially finished, and I've been thinking of finishing up at least some of my old things that I always thought I would get to, so I pulled up the old files. There's no pressure now so I'm just discovering how to ink all over again. It's a little weird going over my old pencils from over 20 years ago, because I recognize how I used to draw but I don't draw like that any longer. I sometimes wonder while I work if I should keep the integrity of the pencils, or, since they're my pencils anyhow, and try to make it look like I inked over another artist who just happened to draw like I did 20+ years ago? Plus I think my style was better suited to comics back then, having been heavily influenced by them at the time.

I'm just going for it, I think, and doing whatever I feel looks right. But it's fun to revisit. This here's one panel from the few I did tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait! I know the answer to her thought balloon! It was an obscure villain, wasnt it... like... the Toad or something like that? (sige, finish the Tessa story... would love to see it complete and with color)