Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zappy

One of my closest friends from college is a woman by the name of Joanne Z., whom we nicknamed Zappy. My other friend Joanne and I loved drawing her, because she was a top model in Manila when we were still in college. I found this old drawing that I never completed because I stopped at the linework. This particular drawing was from around 1984, when Patrick Nagel was one of my biggest inspirations. I recently got the drawing scanned and decided to do a quick color job on it, and this was the result.

And this was the original drawing:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

somehow i like the hand-rendered one better :-) hey i found my zappy drawings. i'll post.

George G said...

I do too! The Photoshop colored one lost something. Of course, I did it fairly quickly so I didn't even refer to my Nagel book for how he really did his, but it looks (today) just like any bad, spare colored drawing on the net. I suspect Zappy likes the hand-done one too...since she reposted it.