Thursday, October 14, 2010

21 Terracotta

That's the name of the color of the colored pencil that I picked up while watching past episodes of Grey's Anatomy on my iMac. This is one of those mindless doodles that starts off one place and goes another just because it wants to. I originally started our drawing a woman's face but decided halfway through to make it more of a Stavrinos/Odom-esque sketch like I used to do as a kid, and then I just kept letting the lines fall where they wanted to, especially since I wasn't invested in the final outcome since I was busy watching my t.v. show. There's so much more muscle memory in my hands with natural media, I think this is a reminder for me to do more of it and get away from the computer.

Anyhow, the paper wasn't really this red, but when I tried to take the tungsten light cast out of the photo, this is what turned out, and I liked it so much that I kept it. Always good, happy accidents.

Although I don't really like the nostrils on him, but oh well... ;)

2 comments:

Joanie said...

hate to say it, but who's looking at the nostrils when you have waist, hips, and thighs like those to look at?

George G said...

It's 80s-style fashion - wiiiide pleated pants!