Monday, November 8, 2010

Layering

There was so much happening today, what with working on the drawing as well as all the errands I had in mind for Sunday, that I needed to step out and chill for a while... literally. It was a very brisk Fall day today, so I started playing around with the layering effects I've been working on since last year, but adding some more color. My old skinny leather jeans are still good, but to make them more interesting I wore my black drop crotch sarouel shorts over them, with a double-layered plaid flannel shirt under my new quilted coat jacket, with bright turquoise socks and scarf to add some pop. I quite liked the effect, and got a few random comments on the street as well. Too bad I didn't take a picture. ;)

2 comments:

OrĂ¡culo said...

I like it.
What are your influences in fashion illustration?

www.harmoniaemamarelo.blogspot.com

George G said...

Nothing you can see here, this is just me sketching. But Antonio, definitely. A bit of Gruau seeps in from time to time, although I wish I were actually more solid like Stavrinos or Nagel.

Suffice it to say, I'm VERY 80s influenced!