Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gym Guy: The All American Teen Hero

There's a guy at my gym who looks like the perfect comic book character. I dunno - he's like the perfect young All American who is somewhat nondescript, but good-looking enough to get the girl without having everyone think he's good-looking from the get go (you know, so he can have a character arc? Hah!). I didn't notice him much to begin with, but I realized his features were...well... so perfectly normal, so he kinda grew on me. Symmetrical face, slightly upturned nose, sandy blond, maybe blue eyes - not as extreme as many of the other characters at my gym (I'm sure I'm considered one of them, though maybe not in a good way). He's constantly just doing his thing, getting his grueling workout done, and is in and out of the gym without chatting with anyone. Every time I see him at the gym, I can't help but stare and try to study his facial features. I think he would make the perfect everyman type of character. He'd make a perfect young Alex Summers from X-men - Havok always seemed like someone who needed to be good-looking, but not too striking. He probably thinks I'm a perv.

No comments: