Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Brides

Aaand we continue with the quick bride line work. It's so open ended and directionless, and fraught with the possibility of revisions from lack of direction from the client that I didn't go into this project with much enthusiasm. But I suppose when a drawing starts to work, it feels better. The one with the green background has the feel I think my client is looking for, but since I'm so rusty, I had to redo those lines over and over until they looked just right... and make them appear as if I got them right in one stroke.Which is fairly obvious I didn't but Painter was having a hard time rendering the strokes with the proper flow, and at the speed that I was whipping them out on the tablet. I suppose I'll just go into it later in Photoshop and maybe even see if I can convert the black linework into convincing vectors. Shades of Danilo Franco, the best illustrator in Manila when I was growing up, popping into my work again... can't escape your influences I suppose.

Below is an initial concept I thought I'd go with, but the top one looks much more 'right.'

No comments: