Friday, January 14, 2011

Thieving Bitch

One of the aspects of being ill that often occurs for me is the prevalence of dreams. I have tons of them, and I can usually remember them in some detail. Actually, I remember most of my dreams, but perhaps because I have so many in series from short bursts of sleep when I'm sick that they seem more vivid. Last night, one of the five or so dreams I had involved me in possession of a slew of vintage shoes and clothing that for some reason I was selling on a sidewalk, like in a flea market. A Chinese woman, pretty, and slim, had tried on a pair of vintage designer clogs (I even remembered the name of the brand within the first few hours of waking up, but forget now), and walked away presumably to get a feel for them. The next thing I knew I was told by a companion that she had run off with them, the clogs on her feet and her own shoes in a plastic bag, and I followed her out on the street to catch her. This is what she looked like.


What's interesting to me is that I recall these colors quite vividly, because her outfit matched the black, red and gold clogs perfectly. Supposedly you only dream in black and white, but this is certainly not the first dream I recall being in color.

No comments: