Saturday, April 30, 2011

Girl With The Glaser Hairdo, Washed

I just went with my initial impulse and decided to do a watercolor wash on her. I'm getting more confident with how I render these washed faces, drawing on old Antonio Lopez influences but also channeling modern day comic book coloring (especially with the redness around the nose). But I'm still keeping everything very faint. I do need to get more aggressive with the color. But I've been battling nauseating neck and body pains all day so all things considered, this is a nice enough amount of work on this sketch. Chin needs work, though...

1 comment:

Rhino said...

Love it. Reminds me of Gas Girl from the Legion of Super-Heroes comics. (she was one of the heroes of Lallor) May I post this on my Legion World facebook page. I'll credit you, of course!
Hugs, Alec