Saturday, April 16, 2011

She Can't Control Her Lust For Shoes

I'm negotiating via phone and email with an overseas seller of some shoes that I am desperately wanting to buy. Neither high cost, nor inability to try them on, nor thousands of miles distance is deterring me from purchasing this footwear. Behold my length measurement diagram, the latest effort in trying to make certain that I get the proper size for a pair of shoes made in Belgium, sold exclusively in Japan and unavailable in New York, with a possibility of size variance of anywhere from a half to a full size down. I've interviewed the maker from Belgium, as well as two sellers of the brand who own pairs of their own in San Francisco (but not these two toned beauties) as well as the sellers in Japan, just to make sure I don't make a wrong size choice. I've taken pains to measure out all my best fitting, similarly-shaped shoes, gotten the most consistent measurement, and am sending a diagram to the Japanese sellers who barely speak English, in hopes of taking as much doubt out of my impending purchase. Yes, I'm quite mad. But I've done this several times before in the past (with Berlin and Milan respectively) so I'm quite hopeful it will work out.

No comments: