Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Get Your Spa On

I was working on the freelance job until 4 this morning since Saturday night, but by about 3 am Monday morning, I wasn't seeing clearly anymore and making grave mistakes, so I just had to get files ready for emailing. But yesterday the piece I was happiest with was this towel wrap illo, since the face turned out rather nicely, I thought. I wasn't copying any face in particular, rather I had a few similar faces on hand as reference, but after doing the initial face freehand, I started referring to the photos for details, like a wider mouth and bigger eyes as I tend to make my facial features small for some reason. Referring to modern models helps make her look more current, as well as more realistic. Of the four that I was doing for submission, this is easily my favorite. I still need to clean up the line work in her hair, but that's no big deal.

No comments: