Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crayon Tryout

I bemoan the fact that I don't have a distinct style. Or at least, that's the way it appears to me. An astrologer once told me I can't settle for any old thing, always seeking out the new. Well, the fashionista in me thinks that's true and well and good, but the art director in me knows that that will make it hard to market my illustration skills, which, by the way, I never have. Guess I want to now... except I'm too damn versatile but I feel like I'm a master of nothing in particular.

Meanwhile, last night, all I wanted to do was watch old episodes of Wonderfalls, the one-season-wonder from Bryan Fuller. I love that show still, and it made me seek out more Bryan Fuller shows (in particular, the pilot episode of "Dead Like Me."). So I made a placeholder post for yesterday's entry and the next day ended up sketching a make-up (as in make up for not doing it) sketch of an email I got from an ecommerce site, thecorner.com. I liked the male model's profile and while I didn't try too hard to get a likeness, I did play with a different tool, namely the crayon brush on Painter. I like the wet effect, and the sketch ain't half bad. I may have to play with this tool more. Hmm, that last line sounds a little dirty...

No comments: