Sunday, March 11, 2012

Slouchy


I was going for easy and natural, and young and modern, because I tend to draw the types of guys I used to draw when I was younger, which is to say an 80s ideal. If you look through this blog or have been following it for a while, you'll notice this is a recurring theme, as I try to make my illustrations keep up with the look of the times. I rather like how this fashion sketch turned out. I almost feel like he's an anime character.

Trying to utilize the drapery lessons I learned from the Society of Illustrators, but I find I'm going more on automatic when I draw the folds. Hey, but that's what practice is for... Also was inspired to leave it undone for now, not unlike the croquises (sp?) posted by my Facebook friend Miguel Angel, as instructional sketches for his students.

No comments: