Sunday, April 29, 2012

Peekaboo 7

I'm all up in arms!  After spending some time away from this piece, I once again open it to finish it off a bit more, and once again, the arm doesn't look right. Granted, the pose isn't supposed to look 'right' but there's a right way to show that wrongness! And so once again, I retooled it. I succumbed, though, and instead of posing in the mirror or in front of my cam, I looked for actual models in the Broken Doll pose (I try to really draw something without copying a reference, but sometimes, I just don't have the knowledge to do so extemporaneously). And the right references really help, believe me - getting that almost gangly model arm is important to capture the look. Yes, it might not be your cuppa tea, but I'm trying to get a feeling across...

No comments: