Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Squarey

I was very inspired by a fellow artist, Carlos, whom I met last night at the male physique drawing salon, because he has a very linear, clean style that I admire. I know that being that clean is so not my style, but it doesn't stop me from aspiring to it. I always have, as I told my friend Senen yesterday when we recounted our mutual love for Patrick Nagel. So when I didn't want to draw tonight (I mean, I drew a lot over the past few days, having multiple entries per day even!), I picked up the chalk tool in Painter thinking I might just do some throwaway animal sketch. But as I channeled Carlos and a few other artists, it got interesting. This is by no means a final new piece, but it's certainly an interesting experiment that I might dabble with again in the future.

No comments: