Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Peekaboo 8

I can't believe I've been twiddling with this drawing or 8 different sessions now (possibly more). But I went into it determined to finish it tonight and clean up all the lines and make the edges sharp, so I started actually tracing things with paths to make the lines solid. But a funny thing happened... I didn't like it. It looked too clinical from the reduced state (as my friend Geoffry says, you don't need to clean every line because when it's printed, no one will know that that corner is a perfect vector). So I kept undoing my work and actually went back and forth between vector and 'hand-painting' the lines in Photoshop. It's interesting how you think you're zooming in and making everything perfect, but then when you zoom out, the 'trees' may have looked perfect at a granular level, but the 'forest' looks odd.

No comments: