Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Re-Touching

One of the frequent comments I get from other artists is that they'll go back into their sketches that they took from the Meetup or whatever live sessions we attend, then re-work them, whether in natural media, or digitally. I can't seem to get into tat. Sure, I've done it a couple of times, but as throwaway pieces. I like to finish pieces when I go to live sessions, or they're at least as finished as they're going to get when the session is over. I just went over a croquis from yesterday, and I can't get into finishing it up digitally. It feels like stepping backward. I can totally accept it as part of someone else's process, but I just can't do it: I want to see the person I'm sketching and take the rendering directly from the reference. This sketch, for example, is driving me mad now... !

No comments: