Saturday, June 2, 2012

Digital Graphite 3

I had an image pop into my head after a visit to the magazine stand (I get those a lot, don't I?) and I had several ways I could realize it but I thought I'd try using the digital graphite brush I developed a few days ago. I wanted something that was both stark and delicately detailed at the same time, although in the end I don't know if that will be what I want for this piece. In the meantime, here's the face I developed with the brush. I was going for a Sonia Rykiel/70s hairdo that remember seeing in an old Adel Rootstein catalog. I think they called the style "Astral." I can't tell if my model is Japanese or slightly French (maybe even Icelandic!). Perhaps that's a good thing.

She also kinda reminds me of old Pat Butterworth drawings of Tiffany Jones for some reason. I loved how Tiffany Jones was drawn...

No comments: