Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Technerdia

I got my nerd on at an Information Design Meetup earlier tonight/last night (man, I miss when you could make a post in Blogger and it was dated the time you made it, not the time you actually published it).

Anyhow, I felt a bit outclassed, knowledge-wise, because the information up for discussion was leagues beyond my ken since I've been ensconced in tech-free corporate ignorance for the past 6 or 7 years. And at the rate technology advances, that's like in dog years. I felt like I had immersed myself in a real life episode of the Big Bang Theory. But I'd love to catch up on all this technology... before it all changes again and I have to relearn it all! Anyhow, this is my impression of the guy who was moderating the talks (and the soda fridges in the background that we all had access to). I nearly didn't go but I was glad I went.

No comments: