Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Framed 6

I suppose one of the good things about having multiple projects happening concurrently is that when you don't feel like the style of one that you're working on, you can shift to the other. Even I concede that it's fun to see someone shift radically between styles. From the watercolors of the menswear fashion series I was doing over the past week, to yesterday's redux of the Raf Simons suit shape, to today's digital pencil (sharp graphite no less) portrait of my friend.

Fun factoid: the background color is Dark Dust (formerly called Dark Shadow?), in CMYK values Rick OWens himself described in a recent article for Matter magazine (where I got the inspiration for my Shape drawing).

2 comments:

g1toons said...

this is a great drawing love the line work

George G said...

Thanks Leon - trying a different technique and brush in Photoshop.