Thursday, October 25, 2012

Facial Recognition

I love doing portraits, and I love getting a likeness. But because I pride myself on it, I fight myself so much when I strive to perfect the likeness. And it's something that never happens easily for me when I really want to get a good semblance. I'm not one of those photographic illustrators who can reproduce a photo with astounding accuracy - my hand will always show through, my tendencies in line and form will often give a semblance flaws... although in other people's eyes, that's my style. But I still try and I think I get  successful more than not. So here I am, working on a new sketch/portrait. It's sometimes even harder when I'm sketching pencils in because I know I have to build it up with color and another 'medium' and the pencils don't need to capture all the data because other elements will fill it in later...

No comments: