Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Caught In The Solar Wind

I'm a bit dismayed with how much I've been working off photos lately. Much of my artistic life was devoted to the goal of being able to draw things without references, because that's what I believed my comic book idols did - they drew because they could imagine something and put it down on paper because they were that good. I wanted to be that good, but I was always finding out how much I had to learn. So I decided to just draw without thinking. I opened up Painter and drew an eye, and immediately the idea came to do a woman with some sort of distressed expression, her hair flowing in the wind (because I'm just on that tangent). In my head it's Jean Grey, in her gown that she wore before she died and turned into Phoenix. I was quite happy with the face. If I were drawing comics, I'd like to draw faces like this.

No comments: