Sunday, April 28, 2013

Red Hotness

Years ago I met a gay couple who were so young and beautiful  I thought that either of them could be a good subject to draw. One is a redhead who's been working as a bartender at one of the popular Chelsea gay bars. and he's gotten quite buff in the years since I met him. I saw him again earlier tonight when my client Brandon and I decided to have a couple of drinks when I went meet him (and deliver the commissioned Zenaida piece I did a couple of weeks ago) and Jacob was tending bar. Jacob's a different kind of redhead from yesterday. Seems like there's a thread these past two days... Anyhow, I got home too late last night - and too tipsy from whiskey! - to draw. This is a makeup sketch of Jacob based on a photo of him online that's just branded into my brain...

No comments: