Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hair Apparent


I'm enamored of big masses of black curls the way some of the younger guys are wearing it. It's really sexy in a big hair kinda way, and I'm trying to channel it to draw in a very current way. I have been for a while, and today I'm not sure I was successful getting the look I wanted, but I do have drawing I like a lot.

Here's the linework for the entire drawing, which I liked as a full painting (which I'm still refining, as rough and immediate as the rendering is) but looks remarkably different as a line sketch. His body was influences by Kaylan Morgan a bit, whose long lean lines are pretty streamlined. I never thought I'd ever go for the twink look, but I guess there's a first time for everything. His long lean frame also reminds me of my friend Andrea...




No comments: