Friday, March 21, 2014

Slope Shouldered Coat

I've been obsessed with this style all winter, and have been looking for a men's version to wear since last year (albeit in a more oversized version back then). I see many a version when I walk to the gym, but this one Asian girl struck me with what she was wearing, as I had an image in my head to draw her. Granted, the drawing I saw in my head was a lot less fashion illustration-y, but what I like about doing it sketchy like this is it allows me to finish as quickly as if I would do it with natural media. Or in other words, in about 15 minutes or so.

It's interesting how comfy doing these watercolors feel, and how much more natural they feel to me. Compared to how I was illustrating before (when I was just drawing from my head), it's looking and maybe feeling much, much looser.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

Now I want to be tall and thin and HAVE THAT COAT!