Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jo Pe

You know, I didn't even realize I had missed posting a day. All this drawing offline has screwed with my numbering AND my post count. Because I take shots with my iPhone, I have to download a separate copy to my hard drive to keep my blog archives organized, but I haven't been doing that.

This is a Skype sketch session I had with my college bestie Joanne. It was the worst Skype connection yet, but I managed to get a few (somewhat) clear shots. I'm leaving it at this stage for now, then will return to it later to see what I think is wrong with it. Joanne is amazingly talented herself, and we discussed the fact hat you have to leave your sketch to come back with fresh eyes. You'll see both what you did right, and what you did wrong, to hopefully make it better. Because I've been on this too long and I'm going crazy trying to see what works and what doesn't. Even when I take a look at the pic, sometimes I think it looks horrible, other times I think, oh, it's not so bad...

No comments: